Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm officially engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive the massive exclamation points, I'm just very happy to be wearing this lovely heart-shaped diamond ring on my finger. Mr. JE popped the question over lunch yesterday as we were about to have dessert.

I was expecting that he will propose (officially) on December, but to say that I did not hope for it, would be a lie. You see, we've been planning our wedding for months now. Eversince, we told our families of our plans of getting married next year.

The official proposal happened at Rise, a buffet-style restaurant, located at the lobby of Marina Bay Sands Hotel. We initially planned on having breakfast but I learned that it's only open for hotel guests.

Anyway, we went for lunch and we are seated near the buffet. Because we went there with an empty stomach, I can't wait to eat. Sorry PG (patay gutom) mode! Hahaha.

The unsuspecting me just enjoyed the lunch buffet which includes sushi and sashimi bar, tandoori station, pasta, noodles and many more. I loved the carbonara and the california maki! I was even eyeing for the chocolate fountain even before I finished the main course. And if you know me personally, I just love chocolates!!

When it's Mr. JE's turn for the dessert buffet, it took him a while but I did not suspect anything, since I am still enjoying my food. When he came back, I stood up because I saw they refilled the strawberry beside the chocolate fountain. But he stopped me, and told me to look at his plate.

There it was, the RING!!! I was stunned, I honestly don't know how to react. But without a word, I sat down, and waited for him to say something... It was all a blur, I just wish somebody did capture that moment on video, to see how did I react or what did I say exactly. I just remember him saying the magic word, "Will you marry me?" Hehehe!

I did not even remember saying yes to him. The next thing I knew, the RING (pictures to follow) was already on my ring finger, and I'm in LOVE (& Co) with it!


P.S. He told me, that the first word that came out of my mouth when I saw the ring was... "Kukunin ko na ba ito?" Hahahaha! How anti-climactic of me! I just made him re-enact the moment a few minutes after, when we were finished with the buffet and already outside the hotel, in full view of the Singapore CBD.

Finally, I said, "A thousand times, YES YES YES!" It's so surreal. 

2 comments:

  1. hi Patty! congrats on your engagement! Nakakatuwa ung reaction mo (as re-enacted) dun sa proposal. Wahahaha. Sana nga, there was someone who had it on photo or mas maganda, on video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! Im also a b2b working here in SG. I was browsing through the topics in w@w, and I happen to see your site from your signature, na-curious ako kasi you're also here in SG, hope you dont mind me being a lurker. hehe. anyway, sis congrats on your engagement, i also got engaged this 20-Nov lang. hehe pero 2012 pa ang wedding pero just like you a month before the official proposal, nakapagreserve na kami ng church hehe and nakapagpaalam na din sa parents. Nauna ang preps sa proposal, im also expecting him na magpropose next year or early 2012 pero not this year! so i was really surprised din. nakipagkuntsaba pa sya sa mga barkada namin, here's our wedsite: http://mywedding.com/juanandtinay

    sorry sis long read! congrats again!

    Tin :)

    ReplyDelete