Sunday, November 7, 2010

Perfect 10 Weddings

Let's do this backwards, shall we? I will let you know how I found each of my suppliers, including the ones that I booked already. Just this afternoon, I told Mr. JE that the main purpose of creating this blog is to help future bride-to-be(s) in their wedding preparations. After getting engaged, I know how clueless we all can be. It's a way of giving back, because w@wies' wedding blogs helped me a lot too! And of course, I want to chronicle my own wedding preparations.

(logo from Perfect 10 Weddings website)

The first wedding supplier I booked is my wedding coordinator, Darlene Tan of Perfect 10 Weddings. I joined weddings at work (w@w) even before we announced that we are getting married to our respective  families. The first week, I was just lurking through each thread, learning how to interact in a very very active forum like w@w. Imagine, more than one thousand messages per day?!

This particular thread about Darlene caught my attention, a lot of w@wies were raving about how OC, nice and prompt she is. Of course, I emailed her! And she responded to me within a day. She even apologized for replying late, that's how prompt she is.

We set a meeting for her and my sister after she got back from Singapore to celebrate my birthday. That was around August 2010. As you may already guessed, yes, I'm an overseas bride-to-be from Singapore. My sister / maid of honor instantly liked with Darlene! They were all praises for each other, my sister said that their meeting stretched to 2 hours, and was just cut short because she had another client to meet. 

The next day, Darlene emailed me that "parang bride si Mabel (sister), she knew exactly what you wanted, it must be because how close you are as sisters..." I knew right there, that I will book her na, so I asked my sister to pay the downpayment, immediately after we pencil-booked with Magallanes church.

No comments:

Post a Comment