Monday, November 15, 2010

W@W Auction

I'm hesitant to write a sad post here, but I figured w@wies can learn a thing or two about my experience in the W@W 2010 Auction.

When I read Ms. Benz's thread about the W@W auction, I got excited but I don't really know what to expect. I read the rules and Q&A(s) carefully. It started November 11 and ended on November 14.

On the first day, I placed a bid on the bridal bouquet... 2nd day on the bridal gown. It did not help that I was too busy at work during the duration of the auction, so when the weekend came, all I want to do is REST. But I still have to participate in the auction.

On the last day, I placed a bid on a videographer's mini movie, but that did not reach the reserve price. Same goes with the bridal bouquet. The saddest thing, somebody outbidded me on the bridal gown. Just when I thought I could finally have my bridal gown couturier. Sad. Sad.

Here are some lessons I learned :

1. If possible, wait until the w@w auction before booking your suppliers. I did not know about the auction beforehand, so when I saw a good deal of my photo and video suppliers there... Sayang naman!

2. Get a high-speed internet connection. This could work to your advantage during the last few minutes of the auction. Open multiple tabs and get ready with your username and password in case somebody outbidded you the last minute.

3.  Discuss how much and which items you are bidding to, with your fiancee. Remember, you must agree first, before you place a bid.

4. Do not be overwhelmed, read each item description carefully. Some items require you to check with supplier's availability first.

5. Bid only if you have the means to pay for it, and if you want it. It helps to research each supplier before placing a bid.

This is all I can remember on the top of my head, I will add more if I can think of something more.

Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment